Mary Oliver Poem


On this surgery day for James, Deb sent me the poem below.  Thanks Deb, you have been invaluable to me with your inspirational support and boots on the ground too!  A shout out to your bees--I have been using your balm on James's feet and eyebrows daily!

Today
Today I’m flying low and I’m
not saying a word.
I’m letting all the voodoos of ambition sleep.
The world goes on as it must,
the bees in the garden rumbling a little,
the fish leaping, the gnats getting eaten.
And so forth.
But I’m taking the day off.
Quiet as a feather.
I hardly move though really I’m traveling
a terrific distance.
Stillness.  One of the doors
into the temple.


Comments

  1. Heidi Williams-FoyMarch 26, 2018 at 3:41 PM

    What a beautiful poem. Sending positive thoughts for a good surgery outcome, praying for you all today, tomorrow, and the next day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts