Updated thanks

I am not saying thank you enough.

Thank you for the lovely dinners and snacks by the cooks and providers via the meal train.

Gratitude for the gin & tonics, Felix smiles, Jane's cheers, Lydia's artistry, Kirkland Granola, Shewolf bread, laundry hauling, Disney pick-ups and all around love from the Hassebroeks.

Kisses and hugs to the Larkins for their delightful taco Tuesdays, Greg's hilarious stories, Max and Rose for being Max and Rose, and Pauline's sensitivity and perfect thoughtfulness about all things Imogen, especially Doritos.

Grateful hugs to Barbara Campisi for her kick-ass eco fashion sense, understanding of the recovery process, and sharing herself with me, Imogen and James.

Thank you to Melanie Kozol, Wennie Huang, Nancy Johnson, Carla Aurich and all those that participated in the 92nd Street Y silent art auction as a contributor, bidder, or supporter in spirit!  Lovely artwork makes James happy.

I am forever grateful for all the handmade cards, letters and messages I have received through the mail and over the internet, as well as playground hugs, waves from across the street, advice, sympathy and silent prayers said on behalf of our family.

Special shout outs to the PS34 community with special thanks to the teachers, principal and staff of the school for looking after Imogen, the swimmers (past and present) for my clean apartment and words of support, and all of those that have expressed love for James over these weeks.

Thank you to Penelope Coe for my flip telephone and all that you continue to do on behalf of our family.

Super love to all those that chose to donate funds through GoFundMe.

Thanks to Manus for taking on the responsibility of the car.

Special thanks to Juliette, Dan and Luca for being there from the first night and ever day since--such a good presence to have in our own home.

I am thankful to have such a wonderful family--Jeff, Janet, Jack, Emily, Chris and Karen (baby boy)--Pete and Mary, my mother, sister Jules and Kimo, and the one and only Robert Crawford.

Thank you to everyone at my firm, McLaughlin & Stern, for their understanding and patience. 

Special love to Robert Whalen and his wife Arlene--thank you for caring for us and keeping Imogen in your hearts.

Grateful for Shannan's wisdom and total empathy for James in his recovery--what would I have done without your powerful insight into this process!!

Thank you to Charles and Paul for keeping the spirit alive in James and giving him hope for the future.

Grateful for the steadfast loyalty of James's students--I am hoping he remembers what a great teacher he is because the proof is in the dedication of his students.  A special hug to Cheryl for knowing exactly how to be present for James in his time of need.

Cannot forget Deb and Matt for the bee balm and masterful creation of the GoFundMe site--all of Deb's support through this has been invaluable--I do not know what I would have done without her. So glad that Matt was able to see James as he was transitioning to rehab--one of the few that will know how far he has come!

Thanks to Sally for being there in that moment when James opened his eyes and sat up.

Gratitude to Jeffrey Pearson for returning DVDs, shuttling paperwork, and making me smile on the street when I see him!

I also want to thank everyone I am forgetting because it's late, I'm exhausted, and the rain outside is making me want to cozy into bed with Imogen and sleep!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 












Comments

  1. Apparently, it takes more than just a village to take care of the Sheehans. The well of love and caring for all three of you is deep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, James, and Immy! We're here for you always. xo Dan, Juliette and Luca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know most of these people but I still cried when I read this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts